– Born on Sunday, March 01 1998 to Pst. Olusola & Olubunmi Jegede.
– Passed National Primary School Exams @9
– Sat for and passed Basic Education School Exams (BECE) @12
– Sat and passed West Africa School Certificate Exams with outstanding result @14
– Entered Universities @14 (Two different Universities)
– Graduated with 1st Division in Bachelors of Administration @17.
– Graduated with First Class Honours in Law from Fourah Bay College, Sierra Leone @18. making her the youngest graduate in Africa
– She became a Lawyer @20. Becoming the youngest lawyer in Africa, and the second youngest lawyer in the world (from all available records).
Oluwagbemileke Joy Jegede is an indigene of Oye Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria, but living in Sierra Leone.
I am proud of this feat.
Nothing drives like excellence!
Nigeria Produces Africa’s Youngest Lawyer, Joy Jegede In Sierra Leonean Varsity
Joy Jegede, Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone,
Joy Oluwagbemileke Jegede has bagged a First Class in Law at age 18, from Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone.
The 20 year old genius is the youngest lawyer in the history of Africa and second youngest in the whole world (from available records).
She also has another degree in Business Administration at age 17 (with first division) from Amity online university, India.
She is a Nigerian girl born to Pastor Olusola Jegede, a Chartered accountant from Oye Ekiti and her mother Mrs Olubunmi Jegede, a 1991 Biology graduate from the University of Lagos both are currently based in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Her grandfather is Pa Ayo Oluyemi, the 83 year old Insurance Agent and Oldest member of the Association of friends ASSO in Maryland Lagos.
Joy has now resumed at the London School of Economics for her postgraduate in Public Administration with specialisation in Policy Development).